Top SalesTech Highlights Of The Week: 29-June-2020: Featuring News From Avaya, Deloitte, WP Engine, Apple And More…
With a little bit of creativity and empathy, sales and marketing teams will be able to tide through these trying times caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. As economies open up, things are seeming a little more positive than before,
While you’re building your new strategies to help tide through the rest of 2020, spare a minute for the latest sales tech highlights of the week!
In an exclusive share with SalesTechStar, Megan Headley, VP of Research at TrustRadius spoke about their recent research commenting, “Given the current social climate in the United States and around the world, it is an interesting time for companies to celebrate Pride. Our recent research estimates that only 15% of tech companies are celebrating LGBTQI+ pride this month, led by major players like Apple and Facebook. There are many possible reasons as to why this number may be so low, from lack of visibility for LGBTQI+ employees in company culture to the health and economic threats posed by COVID-19. We have yet to see just how big an impact the pandemic has had on Pride celebrations taking place this year. We look forward to watching these numbers increase in the coming years.”
You can be a great salesperson and still finish in second place. How can you be superlative? A “sales” cycle is shared between you and the customer. I think many salespeople forget that. The vendor thinks it’s only their process to manage (research, demo/pitch, demonstrate value, give updates to your manager, QBRs, etc.). At the same time, the customer is going through an experience of their own (vision casting, business case development, market research, vendor eval, competing priorities, internal political interests, etc.)
SalesTech Guest Post of the Week
Amid the unprecedented economic uncertainty created by the Covid-19 pandemic, one thing is becoming clear. To survive – and even thrive – in the post-Covid economy, companies will have to be faster than ever in responding to change. As yet, we can only surmise how quickly customers will book air travel again or how soon they will return to places like shopping malls. But there is already a marked shift in consumer behavior, with growing demand for touch-free payments, online sales and contact-free deliveries. –Ludwig Melik, CEO of Planbox shares his thoughts on – How Being Agile Can Help Your Company Win In The Post-Covid Economy
Top SalesTech News of The Week
- WP Engine Appoints New COO
- FedEx Office And Canva Redefine What’s Possible With Launch Of Digital Content And Design-To-Print Marketplace
- Apple Reveals New Developer Technologies To Foster The Next Generation Of Apps
- Accenture Recognized As A Leader Among SAP Services Providers
- Capgemini Introduces New FAST Commerce Solutions
- Avaya Enables Changing Workforce To Collaborate And Connect In New Ways
- UJET Raises Another $55 Million To Accelerate Contact Center Transformation
- Zeta Launches Enhanced Marketing Analytics And Insights Solution
- Deloitte Launches The Deloitte AI Institute To Advance Applied Artificial Intelligence Innovation And Research For The Enterprise
- Seismic Named A Market Leader For 2nd Year In A Row
SalesTech QnA with the Expert
While some of the fundamentals in sales haven’t changed at all, technology has helped reduce administrative burden and focus sellers on what they are good at, selling. Technology has also helped teams share best practices and work together in a more collaborative way and to easily understand from an analytical lens what is working and what is not across the entire organization.
More broadly, buyers today have far more publicly available information, larger buying committees, and way more options to choose from with such rapidly advancing technology – which is why they are looking for trusted advisors to help them cut through the noise. It’s a good thing time-to-value has also dramatically improved.
From The Team at SalesTechStar
- Need a few quick tips on measuring your Inside Sales analytics effectively?
- Here’s how you can improve your overall Customer Experience during an ongoing Pandemic…
- Need a lowdown on some good-to-have content marketing tools?
- Here are 10 Best Customer Service Software And Tools For 2020
- This is why Charles-Henri Becquet, CEO of “My Social Book” Feels Salespeople should get on Social Channels
- The top SEO tools have been listed out for you, here!
- Alon Ghelber, CMO at Revuze shares – 4 Tips To Plan A Better Go-To Market Strategy Post COVID-19