SalesTech Highlights Of The Week: 24-August-2020: Featuring Industry News From ServiceNow, MongoDB, Snowflake, InsightSquared And More…
Are you using the right set of sales technologies to help accelerate sales productivity during this Covid-19 pandemic induced downtime? Are your sales leaders enabling sales reps with better customer and business intelligence tools to help them conduct more targeted prospecting campaigns? The salestech industry is growing and adoption patterns are changing based on evolving needs of sales and marketing in this new normal.
Stay updated on the latest happenings in this week by week industry highlights.
The age of silver bullets is over. There are a number of solutions on the market that sound too good to be true: maintaining 1-to-1 data quality without being vulnerable to all the legislation and tech changes. That level of privacy invasion is going away, so marketers need to evolve their thinking, rather than trying to desperately hold on to the past. In this new age of enlightened consumers, the smart marketer will embrace the consumer’s desire for privacy, while capitalizing on behavioral data in the most effective way that’s technologically possible.
Top SalesTech News of The Week
- ServiceNow Named A Leader In The 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant For IT Risk Management
- MongoDB Appoints Rishi Dave As Chief Marketing Officer
- Progress And Sigma Software Distribution Announce New Partnership
- Revcontent Launches Browser Targeting To Allow Advertisers To Optimize Spend And Budget Allocation
- Ness Digital Engineering And Snowflake Expand Partnership
- Chili Piper Raises $18 Million To Connect Remote Sales Teams To Customers Instantly
- InsightSquared Names Todd Abbott CEO
SalesTech QnA with the Expert
Enterprises often perceive that not having enough existing customer and competitor data is a barrier to optimizing prices. In many cases, these companies have all the data they need within their order history and transaction data. In the absence of data-driven price setting, companies commonly set a list price and allow sales reps to negotiate and discount based on gut feel, intuition and observing what their competitors are doing. Part of the underlying issue with this approach is that pricing will grow more complex as the company grows and, without market-aligned pricing for each unique scenario, ultimately their profits and overall growth potential will be undermined.
Top Articles on Sales and SalesTech
- Top Lead Engagement Solution Vendors And How These Products Can Help Sales
- 3 Critical Focus Areas For B2B Sales In 2020
- Customer Engagement In The Digital Age
- E-Commerce Trends To Watch After The COVID Crisis Force Multiplier
- Top Considerations For A Socially Responsible Marketing And Sales Campaign
More from the SalesStar Podcast
- Nigel Cullington, VP of Marketing for the Upland Enterprise Sales & Marketing Cloud discusses the impact of Covid-19 on sales
- Sheila Aharoni, Vice President of Global Sales, CloudShare Shares a Few Tips for Sales to Reformulate Strategies due to Covid-19
- Vishal Sunak, Co-Founder & CEO at LinkSquares Discusses Tech Entrepreneurial Tips for a Challenging Economic time