Paytronix And PYMNTS Report: Restaurant Managers Must Combine Digital Ordering And Loyalty
Paytronix Systems, Inc., the most advanced digital guest experience platform, today published the Restaurant Readiness Index, which offers deep insight into how managers at major restaurant brands are working to meet the changing needs of their guests. Chief among the report’s findings: Restaurant brands that combine innovative digital ordering options with loyalty and rewards programs are most likely to see their average unit volume (AUV) increase.
The report also notes that the continued shift toward digital commerce, in which options such as curbside or in-store pickup have become table stakes, has caused a divide between what digital-first guests want from their restaurant brands and the technology investments that managers prioritize. Many restaurant managers overestimate their customers’ interest in concepts such as self-service kiosks while overlooking the features and services that truly drive customer spend.
Chief report findings include:
- Sixty percent of small restaurant operators have had their revenues decline since the pandemic began.
- More than half of restaurants that have experienced revenue increases have benefitted from a surge in mobile ordering.
- Ninety-two percent of top performers provide mobile order-ahead options, and an equally large share also offer loyalty programs.
- Restaurant managers underestimate their customers’ interest in loyalty programs, and they overestimate their customers’ interest in self-service kiosks.
- Nearly four out of 10 customers would spend more if they had access to loyalty and rewards programs, yet nearly 40% of restaurants do not offer such programs.