CommerceIQ Launches Global Retail Ecommerce Management Platform Combining Sales, Supply Chain, Retail Media, and Digital Shelf with e.fundamentals Acquisition
Ecommerce platform enables consumer brands to grow market share profitably in today’s inflationary and supply-constrained environment through intelligent automation, supporting over 450 omnichannel retailers in 41 countries
CommerceIQ, the leading Retail Ecommerce Management Platform, today announced that it has acquired e.fundamentals, a leading digital shelf analytics (DSA) provider headquartered in the UK. Consumer brands can now harness one global software platform to power profitable market share growth across all major retailers with the combination of sales, supply chain, and retail media automations from CommerceIQ plus digital shelf activity and store-level availability insights from e.fundamentals. CommerceIQ now provides its customers retailer coverage and localized support across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC regions.
Supply chain disruptions, high inflation, and fierce competition make the launch of this new global platform more critical than ever for manufacturers to achieve their ecommerce profitability and market share goals. While most brands experienced a pandemic fueled acceleration of ecommerce growth, up 92% since 2019, overall ecommerce sales dropped by 1.8% in April, even as in-store sales rose by 10%1. With CommerceIQ brands can now:
- Drive Profitability: Optimize trade spend and joint business planning (JBP) investments. Plus reclaim lost profit margin and revenue by automating the recovery of disputed shortages and chargebacks.
- Optimize Omnichannel for Profitable Growth: By capturing store-level availability, distribution and pricing across retailers daily, optimize omnichannel fulfillment, manage inventory, and control promotional spend and costs.
- Maximize Share of Voice and Share of Search: Empower brands or agencies of record (AOR) to be consistently visible on page 1 search through great content and sponsored ads, plus optimize advertising to drive incremental sales on highest margin items and for the most strategic share of voice (SOV) gains.
- Maximize Instock Rate: Ensure products stay in stock by automatically shifting promotions away from items at risk of going out of stock (OOS) and by triggering predictive replenishment orders.
- Stop Revenue Leakage: Stop losing revenue to competitors and unauthorized third party (3P) sellers by understanding buy box behavior and for unauthorized sellers automating detection, ticketing, and removal.
“Customers love how our intelligent automations help their teams to win on ecommerce retailers like Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Instacart,” said Guru Hariharan, founder and CEO of CommerceIQ, “They’ve been asking us to accelerate our coverage to all global retailers important to their business. Our acquisition of e.fundamentals does just that, adding world-class digital shelf analytics and support for over 450 retailers across 41 countries. We are now the first platform to connect and intelligently automate across shelf, sales, supply chain, and advertising to help our customers win big.”
As part of this acquisition, UK-based e.fundamentals led by CEO John Maltman, will merge operations with the US-based CommerceIQ. Customers will have access to the combined offerings and customer-obsessed support team worldwide.
“We built a digital shelf product that is loved by many large global manufacturers and increasingly our clients have been asking us to help them to take action faster,” said John Maltman, CEO of e.fundamentals, “Becoming an integral part of the CommerceIQ Retail Ecommerce Management Platform lets us provide a complete solution for brands to understand shopper behavior for their categories, plan their assortment, manage their sales operations, plan inventory to meet demand, and optimize media and promotional spend. We are excited to join forces and quickly bring new capabilities to market.”
The first combined offering from this acquisition, e.fundamentals by CommerceIQ, is now available as a free trial for all current CommerceIQ and e.fundamentals customers and for select new prospects. This new product combines modern workflows, deeper analytics to uncover assortment gaps and retail media targeting opportunities, and new recommendations aimed at helping customers zero in on top prioritized actions to manage their digital shelf presence across retailers.
“CommerceIQ’s intelligent retail automation has already helped us achieve significant productivity gains, reduce operational costs and drive growth and profitability on Amazon. I am looking forward to extending our winning streak from Amazon to all the retailers that we currently track with e.fundamentals digital shelf analytics,” said Brian Dudzinski, Senior Director of Ecommerce at KIND.