Logitech Announces Q3 Results
SIX Swiss Exchange Ad hoc announcement pursuant to Art. 53 LR — Logitech International, today announced financial results for the third quarter of Fiscal Year 2022, with strong growth in Pointing Devices, Keyboards & Combos and Gaming, and share gains in the majority of key categories. The Company raised annual guidance for both sales and profitability.
Q3 financial highlights:
- Sales were $1.63 billion, down 2 percent in US dollars and constant currency, compared to Q3 of the prior year. This performance nearly sustains last year’s record Q3 sales which grew 85 percent in US dollars and 80 percent in constant currency.
- Category sales in US dollars grew 29 percent in Keyboards & Combos and 8 percent in Pointing Devices and Gaming, compared to Q3 of the prior year. Video Collaboration grew 24 percent quarter over quarter and was down 2 percent compared to Q3 of the prior year in which sales grew more than 200 percent.
- GAAP operating income declined 41 percent to $263 million, compared to $448 million in the same quarter a year ago. Non-GAAP operating income declined 37 percent to $302 million, compared to $476 million in the same quarter a year ago. This reflects the Company’s planned, strategic investments in marketing and innovation to drive future growth. Non-GAAP operating income almost doubled versus two years ago.
- GAAP earnings per share (EPS) declined 44 percent to $1.24, compared to $2.22 in the same quarter a year ago. Non-GAAP EPS declined 37 percent to $1.55, compared to $2.45 in the same quarter a year ago.
- Cash flow from operations was $377 million. The Company returned $116 million of cash to shareholders through share repurchases. Year to date, the Company has returned a total of $450 million to shareholders through dividends and share repurchases, more than twice the amount over the same period last year.
“I’m excited to now have in sight a fiscal year of growth for FY 2022, on top of last year’s remarkable performance,” said Bracken Darrell, Logitech president and chief executive officer. “Our Q3 results reflect the strength of our operational capabilities, innovation engine, and the choices we made to position ourselves in line with the long-term trends affecting work, play, and creating.”
Logitech raised its Fiscal Year 2022 annual outlook to between 2 and 5 percent sales growth in constant currency, and between $850 million and $900 million in non-GAAP operating income. The Company’s previous outlook was flat sales growth in constant currency, plus or minus five percent, and $800 million to $850 million in non-GAAP operating income.