How Do Some of the Best Global Brands Use Customer Testimonials to Drive Demand?
A positive testimonial gives a new potential customer more confidence and trust in your product. Statistics have proved that the correct usage of testimonials can improve clicks, and conversion rates, and help revenues thrive. Testimonials are often used to drive marketing and sales growth.
Research indicates that 9 out of 10 people trust what the previous customer had to say about the business more than what the business tells the market about itself. Customers are more likely to spend 31% more on a business that has positive testimonials.
In the following section, we will tell you about a few brands that have directed and channeled their marketing and sales efforts by using testimonials strategically. As you read further, you will understand how these brands have inspired clicks and purchases along with strengthening relationships with existing customers.
Testimonials are a great way to showcase your company’s culture and values and encourage customer evangelism.
Visit their website and you will see numerous customer testimonials aligned properly with their overall website UX. Zendesk’s testimonial page is one of the best because:
- The layout is legible and the words are easy to read. There is plenty of space between graphics and customer features. The page is easy on the eyes.
- Zendesk has effectively highlighted some of its well-known clients such as Airbnb to add social proof to their product.
- Anyone can scroll to check various testimonials from top global brands that highlight the trustworthiness of Zendesk.
- When a user clicks on a client’s story, a big pop-up box opens where the entire story of the brand is stated. From the pain point of the customer to how Zendesk was its life savior, everything is stated there.
HubSpot has created a case-study page, which is customer-focused and result-focused. The page shows how the customers used HubSpot and the results they achieved. HubSpot has used their testimonials effectively by:
- Adding concrete figures and data on clients’ growth.
- Similar to Zendesk, HubSpot has also added the names of its global clients to add more trust to its name.
- Scroll further, and you will find a CTA that will take you up to the user sign-up page.
3. The Honest Company
The company specializes in products without harsh chemicals, and it appeals to health and environment-conscious consumers, mostly mothers. Go and check their testimonial page, and you will see how their customers have shown love to the brand. The testimonial page showcases all the stories of the brand evangelists along with highlighting the pain points and how the brand catered to those.
We found this testimonial page as one of the best examples because it fits perfectly into the target customer’s journey. As a user concerned about the chemical-based product, the testimonial page addresses the concerns. The user feels that this is a place where he can resolve problems.
The Honest Company has effectively:
- Tapped into the weakness of its target audience
- Shared relatable stories to appeal to the audience.
- Highlighted multiple benefits of its products.
4. Salesforce Desk
For SaaS companies, testimonials bear a great value. The software market is saturated, and while there are multiple companies with similar testimonial pages, the best customer testimonial examples are the ones that stand out. Let us talk about Salesforce Desk.
The company has made its testimonial page stand out with the help of large attractive images and a bold color palette. Scroll further, and you will see an imposing quote, a clear one, with a “learn more” button. With this button, the users can skim through the testimonials or dive deeper into a particular case study resonating with their buyer persona.
We love the testimonial page here because:
- The company has used bold, bright colors and layouts to differentiate itself from its competitors.
- They have made information readily available through interactive buttons.
- They have posted powerful quotes that show the support and enthusiasm of their clients.
Testimonial Based Marketing and Sales is important
- Do you have a list of quotes from your loyal customers to make your business appear authentic?
- Do you want to resolve the concerns and bust myths about your business?
- Do you want to create a community spreading positive information about your business?
Whatever is your aim, testimonials are resources you can use to drive more sales. However, the way you use them makes a huge difference. Identify the most impactful testimonials and how they can help other customers push their purchase decisions.