Retail Innovation Conference & Expo Unveils Preliminary Agenda for 2022 Event
The preliminary agenda is now available for The Retail Innovation Conference & Expo (#RICE22), taking place May 10-12, 2022 at McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago. The conference & expo, led by leading retail community and media company, Retail TouchPoints, will feature a reimagined agenda format for attendees to personalize their experience through a variety of tracks within the three tailored events: Internet Retailer (IRCE), Design:Retail (DRCE) and Retail Innovation Summit (RIS).
A main goal of the conference & expo is to keep innovation at the forefront of the programming, while bringing the retail community together to explore universal trends and challenges. Over three days, the program agenda will feature high-powered keynotes, interactive panel discussions, collaborative working groups, dedicated networking time, inspiring store tours around Chicago and innovative activations on the expo floor, to help attendees spark new ideas and see the future of retail in action.
On Wednesday, May 11, keynote speaker, marketing professor at the Wharton School at UPenn and international best-selling author, Jonah Berger, will dig into his research around what creates influence and how brands can become truly “contagious.” On Thursday, May 12, consumer behavioralist, Ken Hughes, will offer an empathetic and personal view of how our “digital first” world is impacting the way we build relationships. While many brands and retailers are harnessing digital marketing and commerce to scale their businesses, we know that personal connection is more important than ever. Ken will provide a tactical scorecard that will help attendees assess their approach and find ways to build more authentic and meaningful relationships with their tech-savvy consumers.
Internet Retailer (IRCE)
IRCE, the most highly regarded event in the ecommerce space, will offer a dedicated expo area and tailored conference program for digital leaders and their colleagues. The experience will reflect the ongoing convergence of digital and physical and will help attendees navigate new channels and key capabilities. A few of the most anticipated topics that will be covered include:
- Inside the Metaverse Movement: How to Embrace Convergence and Create Transcendent Brand Experiences
- Using Social Commerce to Drive Revenue
- How 3D is Impacting the Future of Ecommerce Engagement
- NFT Powered Communities
- Closing the Gap on Service Disconnects: Top Tips on Using Data to Fuel Personalized Engagement
- Optimizing Ecommerce Conversions with Real-Time, Relevant Social
DRCE is a hyper-focused micro-event created to inspire innovation, collaboration and idea sharing among the store design and experience community. Some of the industry’s top strategists and design firms, up-and-coming brands and bold omnichannel businesses will take the stage at Design:Retail to discuss innovative topics, trends and concepts.
- Top 5 Trends Driving the Future of Store Design
- Experimenting with “Retailtainment” to Drive Engagement and Customer Loyalty
- The Convergence of Retail and Hospitality: Redefining Commerce Through Community
- Using Visual Merchandising to Bring Digital Storytelling to the Store
- How Omnichannel Fulfillment Services are Shaking Up Store Formats and Experiences
- New Format Crash Course: How Brands are Testing, Learning and Thriving in a New Era of the Store
Retail Innovation Summit (RIS)
RIS is a go-to destination for senior leaders and experience executives to get the latest research and explore new paths for growth. The RIS micro-event will offer dedicated programming focused on the trends, issues and challenges driving leadership priorities. Critical topics for discussion will include:
- Next-Gen Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Sponsorship, Mentorship & More
- Championing Brand Authenticity and Transparency: What Does It Really Mean Today
- Incorporating Sustainability to Deliver a Business ROI
- Driving Innovation Forward by Uniting People, Process and Technology
- Creating Supply Chain Resilience and Staying Competitive with Localized Product Sources
- Community Commerce and the Explosion of Shoppable Content