APAC Companies Prioritize Cultural Change and Technology Modernization to Accelerate Digital Transformation
Digital transformation gains high prominence across 95% of APAC companies business agenda
Red Hat, Inc., the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the results of a commissioned study by Harvard Business Review Analytic Services, on behalf of Red Hat, exploring Asia Pacific’s (APAC) transformation and innovation trajectory against a global backdrop. The study, titled “Understanding APAC’s Success in Digital Transformation,” surveyed 143 business executives from APAC from various industries including financial services, IT and manufacturing sectors.
The study findings state that Asian firms have latched on to digital transformation as a strategy, not just for growth but also for survival. The APAC difference in transformation effectiveness translates into important business benefits for the region’s firms, including helping them bring new products and services to market faster than their global counterparts.
Key highlights of the report included:
- 95% of APAC executives said digital transformation has gained in importance over the past 18 months.
- 80% of APAC business leaders ranked cultural change and technology modernization of equal importance for digital transformation.
- 40% of APAC executives are quickly developing and delivering new applications to market, compared to only 23% of executives in the rest of the world.
According to APAC executives, cultural change stood out as one of the three building blocks of modernization, along with technology and business processes thus creating significant impediments to transformation success. The survey respondents cited that company culture now includes factors such as collaboration (44%), inclusivity (42%), adaptability (41%), and transparency (40%).
The study also revealed that companies looking to digitally transform successfully will need to support their cultural change initiatives with efforts to modernize their infrastructure and application architecture. By combining the two initiatives, companies in APAC can:
- Adopt continuous integration/continuous delivery methods, which are deemed vital by 75% of the respondents
- Quickly develop and deliver new applications (40%)
- Respond rapidly to customer demands (39%)
- Update systems efficiently (39%)
- Control maintenance costs (39%)