Top Email Tracking Software that Can Help Sales Teams Track Prospect Behavior Better
For any organisation, knowing one’s client, especially their buying intentions and behavior is extremely crucial. A good way to understand this is by carefully tracking and analyzing the emails that are sent to them. Emails are used to send invoices, invitations, product information, and all of these conversations serve to be digital footprints. Tracking the response and behavior of customers when you send these emails can help you identify their level of interest in your company and service.
Need for Email Tracking
Email tracking decodes the online body language of existing as well as prospective clients and helps get an insight into their actual interests and purchase patterns. This behavioral data could actually be helpful in predicting their future decisions. Data uncovered from emails opened, engagements confirmed, links clicked, and content consumed indicates their interest and intentions. Email tracking helps you analyse how successful your email and marketing campaigns have been.
Tracking these details from your sales and marketing campaigns, sales email pitches, and presentations can help you filter out the best and worst campaigns. This is a powerful strategy and a contemporary prospecting model which provides stronger feedback as compared to more traditional methods.
Top Email Tracking Tools
Here are a few email tracking software and tools that help you contextualize the role email tracking plays in your marketing process.
These tools can help you track your email marketing campaigns and sales operations activities. Marketing and sales software that include email tracking, tools to gauge email list quality and subscriber engagement along with robust analytics serve to offer more value as all-in-one solutions.
- Bananatag: Offering a limited free trial, the Bananatag supports Gmail or Outlook email services, functioning as an extension of your inbox. This tool uses SMTP setup and guarantees to show the response of the recipient to your emails and lets you schedule your future emails so that you can follow up on meetings, assignments, proposals, etc, in a timely manner.
- Minmax: Consisting of an individual breakdown for emails for multiple recipients, Minmax offers its services in the form of a Google Chrome extension that works best with Gmail. Email tracking, email scheduling, templates, and scheduling features are among other services offered by Minmax.
- Zoho Campaigns: Offering SalesIQ, CRM, and Campaigns, Zoho has a strong email tracking system which is efficient enough to let you know who opens your emails as well as how and when exactly do they engage with them. You can also find the better performing subject line, CTAs, and more, because it supports A/B testing.
- HubSpot: On top of its marketing and sales capabilities software, HubSpot offers Hubs, each with its own custom-tailored email tracking features as per the needs and necessities of marketers and salespeople. With support for A/B testing emails, the full-funnel tracking helps you get a clear picture. Each hub of the HubSpot Sales is robust enough to track email opens and engagement, loading that information automatically into each prospect’s Customer Relationship Management data.
- Atomic Email tracker: This software helps you find and track the results of your campaign to draw conclusions on how effective your email newsletters have been. This online service helps you track your subscribers, their IP and country, when they read your email, the links they have clicked on, DR and OR.
- Yesware: With email service support for Gmail and Outlook, Yesware is one of the handful email service providers, with more focus on sales teams, than marketing. Sales reps can visualize the customer journey and the customer’s response and behavior to their emails while proactively monitoring them. Outbound prospecting performance and individual template performance can also be measured by the reporting features.
- customer.io: Contrary to most other email service providers, customer.io provides email analytics that is more focused on the end goals than other unnecessary measures. For the email metrics and reports they offer, their cost is justifiable.
- Salesforce Pardot: With support for email A/B testing and SPAM filter check-ups, Pardot offers business to business marketing automation software is concerned with the marketing side of email tracking. This ensures the optimization of every facet of your email automation efforts.
- SalesHandy: SalesHandy offers email tracking services through SMTP setup to email service providers like Yahoo mail, AOL mail, Zoho mail, in addition to Gmail and Outlook. This is done using the SMTP details of your email service provider, which enables you to easily set your email account with SalesHandy. You can now fill in the sender information and choose your email service provider, and the data will be automatically filled depending on your service provider.
- LeadBoxer: LeaderBox is a handy tool for tracking both emails and newsletters. It operates as a chrome extension and integrates with your Gmail inbox for tracking email opens and click-throughs, etc. This lead generation and sales enablement tool qualifies and scores the recipients of your emails on the basis of their behavior from online sources like websites, banner ads, or social media. The potential leads and customers are identified and provided with a score evaluated on the basis of parameters that you specify. You also can segment your audience using custom filters and get a real-time alert when some event takes place.
There is no single email tracking tool that can meet all the needs of every company in general. Sometimes, all you need is a basic feature to help you know whether or not individual recipients have opened your emails. While on the other hand, you might need a full-fledged email marketing software, even custom curated for your purpose for robust reporting. The right software depends on your team’s individual needs and goals.
A clear understanding of what different email tracking tools can do will help you enhance your email game and track the behavioral patterns of your clients.