Every business plan is focused on enhancing the efficiency of the sales processes as it is directly related to the future of the company. But in the last few years, the sales processes have evolved considerably, thanks to the rapid integration of technological innovations. Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) are probably two of the biggest innovations of the last decade and their integration into sales processes has helped companies boost their customer experiences.
Rise of AR and VR
Online shopping was experiencing steady growth before the pandemic set in. Ever since then, the pace of growth in the eCommerce sector has seen extraordinary growth. But this sector has always faced a challenge in terms of having no option of trying a product before placing an order. As a result, customers use to prefer offline shopping for such products. But as restrictions were placed on the movement of people after 2020, many eCommerce brands integrated AR and VR technologies with their platforms. This integration enabled them to try out products before they make the purchase decision.
Now an increasing number of brands are investing in these technologies to leverage the benefits on offer. Customers now refrain from travelling outside every time they must get something. AR and VR allow customers to have an engaging shopping experience from the comfort of their homes. Hence, in the coming years, they will become an integral part of digital marketing strategies for most online brands.
Using VR for Digital Marketing
If you are planning to use VR for your digital marketing campaigns, then here are some ways in which you can maximize the benefits on offer: –
- Brands are using VR in digital marketing to bridge the gap between action and experience. If you want, you can use VR to deliver a spectacular digital experience for the customers to promote your products and services. This strategy can be used to replicate the experiences offered by a physical store.
- Along with exhibiting the existing product portfolio, you can use VR to showcase products that are still in the development phase. This will allow you to get the customers interested in the upcoming launches by sharing teasers with them. Then the customers can offer their feedback on the new products helping you make any required changes.
- Online customers are more interested in VR brand experiences. As a result, the dynamic between customers and brands changes. Instead of just skipping the ad, customers like to experience VR ads. As a result, customers are more receptive to the marketing messages being shared.
Using AR for Digital Marketing
If you intended to invest in AR technology for your digital marketing campaigns, then here are some ways in which you can leverage its features: –
- AR is one of the most popular digital marketing strategies in the present times that highlights the emerging trends in the virtual space. You can leverage AR to offer unique experiences to customers through their mobile devices.
- Through AR you get another way of promoting your brand to the customers and occupying the top-of-the-mind space. This approach will help you drive your sales by engaging the customers in some unique experiences.
- Augmented shopping experiences are driving incredible sales for brands. Customers can try their products before making a purchase decision. A large number of brands are leveraging AR to promote their products like apparel, makeup, cars, watches and much more.
- AR helps reduce return rates and ensures better customer experiences. Customers get a sense of what the product will look like in real life and hence they set realistic expectations. This ensures better satisfaction levels on receiving and using the product. For example, if a customer can see how apparel will look on their body through AR< the return rates will drop considerably.
Read More: AI: Mending the Rift Between Legal and Sales
How are brands using AR and VR to drive sales?
Here are some practical examples that will help you understand how brands are using AR and VR to drive their sales: –
- IKEA Virtual Store: IKEA has created a VR app that enables customers to place different products in a virtual rendition of their homes. As a result, customers can see how their homes will look after the desired additions. It is an extremely simple app but allows the customers to get a feel of how their interiors will look in real life. Hence, placing online orders becomes extremely easy.
- Volvo Test Drive: To attract customers who do not have a Volvo dealership in the vicinity, Volvo launched this app. It allowed the customers to test drive the car in virtual mode and get a feel of how the real driving experience would be. They are now offering further enhancements to the app where customers can access 360-degree landscapes.
AR and VR are two of the most important innovations of the last decade. The rapid pace at which they are now being used in digital marketing campaigns by leading brands indicates the potential of these technologies. You can also integrate them with your online campaigns and enjoy impressive results that will make you stand apart from your competitors.