Receives Six Gold and One Silver Award for Spirion Platform, Privacy Please Podcast, and Customer Success
Spirion, a pioneer in data protection and compliance, today announced that it has received seven awards for excellence, innovation, and leadership in protecting what matters most—the personal data of colleagues, customers, and communities. The company won three gold awards in the 2021 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards and four Globee® Business Awards, including three gold and one silver, in the 2021 Cyber Security Global Excellence Awards.
The company’s platform won four awards in the categories of Data Classification and Governance, and Privacy. Spirion’s Privacy Please podcast series, which debuted last year, received the Best Cybersecurity Podcast award. Two Spirion customers were awarded Gold Globees: Ed Hudson, CISO at California State University, was named Chief Security Officer of the Year, and Illinois College was recognized as Best Deployments and Customer Success of the Year in Security Software.
In the 2021 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards, Spirion won in the following categories:
• Privacy – North America (between 100-499 employees): Gold
• Data Classification – North America (between 100-499 employees): Gold
• Best Cybersecurity Podcast – North America (100-499 employees): Gold
In the Globee® Cyber Security Global Excellence Awards, Spirion won in the following categories:
• Data Classification and Governance: Gold
• Privacy Solution: Silver
• Best Deployments and Customer Success of the Year, Security Software: Gold awarded to Spirion customer, Illinois College
• Chief Security Officer of the Year: Gold awarded to Spirion customer, Ed Hudson, CISO at California State University
“We are honored to be recognized by the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards and Globee Business Awards programs for our platform and Privacy Please podcast series, both of which have been very well received by our customers and partners,” said Kevin Coppins, President and CEO of Spirion. “We are especially proud that two of our customers, California State University and Illinois College, were honored with Gold Globees for their data privacy practices. Both organizations are data privacy champions committed to protecting what matters the most: every individual’s right to data privacy and security.”