Video and online conferencing; has come of age…
Like many other technologies, the concept of video communication and video conferencing has remained ahead of its day. Right from the first phone call made in the 1800s to the first video call on Zoom, the world of web conferencing took baby steps to reach where it is today.
Video conferencing has grown from black and white messages, person-to-person communication to multi-party transmission with 4K resolution in real-time. The following points show how web conferencing has evolved over these years.
- The 1800s and the Bell Labs came up with a concept of transmitting an image and audio over the wire.
- The 1920s, when the first stable and operational TV cameras entered the market to set the stage for video communication.
- During the 1930s, the world witnessed the birth of two-way video
- 1936, the year when Georg Schubert develops telephony
- It was during the 1950s and 1960s, AT & T developed picture phones.
- In the 1980s, we saw a rise in Picture Tel
- The 1990s, the year of the millennials witnessed the rise of the internet and many other digital telephony developments.
- From 2000 to 2021, the technology kept rising and during the pandemic, these video tools became critical for the survival of many organizations.
Today, video conferencing has become a valuable resource that keeps the show running for global teams. These tools let companies fully embrace the distributed work model.
That being said, we walk you through the top video conferencing tools of 2022:
1. Zoho Meeting
Let’s start with Zoho Meeting, which is the most popular and effective video conferencing tool out there. It offers a robust online meeting solution letting you host online meetings and webinars right from your browser. It works seamlessly across devices such as desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones, iPads, and so on.
Zoho Meeting lets you host interactive video conferencing coupled with contextual screen sharing and organize large webinar events to stream them live on social media.
Some of the top features of the tool are:
- Easy to embed webinars and meetings on the website
- Email customizations
- Offers you downloadable reports and analytics
- Advanced attendee engagement during sessions
Livestorm is one of the popular online meeting tools that facilitates managing every part of an online meeting. It helps to automate the pre-event promotion process, engage your live audience, and provide you with detailed analytics to analyze later.
The tool is used by teams of all sizes on any mobile, desktop, or tablet of their choice. The key features of the tool are:
- It is a browser-based tool.
- Offers you advanced analytics.
- Digital whiteboards.
- Chat, poll, and question tabs.
3. Webinar Jam
Do you want a web conferencing tool to share a live stream of your events? If yes, try Webinar Jam. Right from registration to replay, your audience can do it all here. What’s more – The tool is perfect for enterprises and solopreneurs alike. It is an easy to install software program that can help sales teams reach out to their target audience.
The notable features of the app are:
- Live chat with moderation capabilities.
- Schedule sessions.
- Real-time polls.
- Landing page builder.
- SMS and email marketing.
Next on the list is GoToMeeting, which is a renowned collaboration software letting enterprises conduct super-effective online meetings and webinars. Using its commuter mode, a user can host and attend meetings on the go. The best part – user can give voice commands via Siri.
Some of the notable features of the meeting tool are:
- Mobile conferencing
- Screen sharing
- Meeting recording and transcription
- Video and voice conferencing
Easymeeting is one of the best web conferencing software solutions. The tool is popular among its users because it is completely aligned with user needs. With this tool comes an Easynumber, which they can share on the tool’s global directory. The user can simply join the meeting by clicking the number. Easymeeting works best on Windows and Mac devices.
- Free meeting room on the cloud.
- Access to Easymeeting directory.
- 24*7 live support.
- Available on Android and iOS.
Zoom is another great online conferencing tool. It supports HD audio and video calls. Furthermore, with Zoom users can share content with up to 1000 meeting participants. The best part – Zoom is easily synchronized to your calendar via Outlook, iCal, and Gmail.
The top features of the tool are:
- It is password protected.
- The calls are encrypted.
- Zoom’s Touch Up My Appearance
- It allows you to access even 10-year-old archives.
Conferencing software solutions can support your business in many ways. They offer product demos, help in hosting virtual live events, and much more.